Use this when the old way has failed.
The old way could be anything: a diet, a style of education, a business strategy.
You can react. Their system failed, so you do the opposite:
- They wanted change. You'll seek the status quo.
- They took risks. You'll avoid risk.
- Their rules got in the way. You'll have no rules.
Or, you can adapt:
- Take the best from how things were done.
- Learn from successes, wherever you can find them.
- Analyze the failures. Seek understanding, not blame.
Take what works. Analyze what doesn't. Adapt.